This job is no longer available
IPL - Night Electrical Engineer
Shifts (18:00 to 06:00 – 4on 4off)
c.£32,000 per annum
Same recognisable brand - IPL, yet we have a new name International Procurement and Logistics Ltd showing that we now operate in many more diverse markets than purely produce. Now wholly owned by Asda – Wal-Mart, we are not only the biggest single importer of produce in the UK but have new business dealings across a wide range of sectors including fresh foods, meats, chilled, ambient and wine. Our aim remains, creating value for Wal-Mart customers and shareholders.
Due to the continued expansion of our Produce, Cheese and Pasta site in Sittingbourne and our desire to be the very best in our chosen markets, we are now looking to appoint a skilled Electrical Engineer to ensure the site has continuous engineering cover through the night. You will be required to ensure machines perform to their best ability with the least amount of downtime, to the requirements as per customer specification.
- To attend breakdowns promptly
- To complete regular machine maintenance programmes to reduce packing downtime.
- To make clear recommendations to the Engineering Manager, where productivity gains can be made to reduce costs.
- To also make recommendations to maximise the “up-time” of each machine through enhanced cleaning or maintenance schedules.
- To work in a clean, safe environment at all times. Monitor work area to ensure the workspace is safe and Colleagues are following safe working practices. Make clear recommendations to the appropriate Departmental Manager if improvements can be made.
- To be responsible for the recording of parts used and diagnostics of each breakdown.
- To liaise with our preferred contractors as and when required to do so.
- To communicate clearly with other Departments.
- To take an active role in TPM (Total productive Maintenance) which includes FI (Focus improvement), AM (Autonomous maintenance), PM (Planned maintenance) and 5S project work.
- Strive to achieve ‘World Class’ standards at all times.
- Comply with statutory Health & Safety obligations and the International Produce Health & Safety Policy.
- To ensure the best interests of the company are always maintained.
- To optimise the use of company resources whilst complying with the companies policies and procedures.
If you have the determination to succeed where others may falter, then a career with IPL is beckoning. Please apply in strict confidence now and set your career down the path to success with us.
Please apply, preferably by email, with CV and salary details quoting ref: 7327D to Atkinson Page Ltd, Baildon Mills, Baildon, BD17 6JX Telephone (01274) 592372 Fax (01274) 598564