Process Technologist – Mars Chocolate
Driving forward the success of globally admired brands like M&M's, Maltesers, Snickers and Twix is a major deal for a £24billion company which also produces other iconic brands such as Uncle Ben’ s, Dolmio, Flavia and Whiskas. Our Slough factory is the UK production hub for our chocolate brands. So we’re constantly on the go to increase efficiency and reach even higher quality standards. Our specialised Quality & Food Safety Team is responsible for the food safety, product and process management of all production lines.
As Process Technologist reporting to the Head of UK Chocolate Quality and Food Safety, your major responsibility will be for designing and implementing the process parameters to deliver key product attributes to the consumer. Focusing on our most significant semi-finished product – chocolate, you’ll get to grips with technologies such as chocolate-making, moulding and enrobing, working with strategic partners to ensure continuous improvement of the chocolate area and deliver business efficiency and growth. So your role will entail:
• leading cross-functional projects
• implementing product and process innovation
• understanding the full supply and demand sides of a large scale FMCG business
• regular cross-functional interaction with innovation, process and commercial teams.
• development to gain green or black belt in 6-sigma
• travel opportunities to other Mars sites
With at least a degree level qualification in a science related discipline, preferably in food science or process engineering, you’ll have a proven track record working with processes/ingredients, ideally gained in a manufacturing environment in the FMCG, Pharmaceutical or Sugar industries. With strong project management skills, you’ll also ideally be qualified in food safety and/or quality management. Your other attributes will include:
• first-class communication skills, able to influence and motivate non-technical stakeholders on technical issues
• real skills in fact-based problem-solving
• proficiency in the use of statistical tools and techniques
• great attention to detail underpinned by a strong drive for results.
In return, there’s real career progression and an exciting pathway ahead. And, to empower you, we give the freedom and responsibility to do more than you ever imagined.
To apply for this Process Technologist role, please click on the APPLY button below.
Job reference OLR5268