My client is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Manager based in Kent.
The purpose of this role is to manage the operational and engineering process, whilst setting the gold standard of high performance within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide day to day Leadership of site engineering team, working closely with the site management team to ensure the efficient operation of machinery and facilities within the site
- Provide expertise and guidance on complex / messy issues
Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma
- Work cross functionally to enable an effective and continuously improving operation including Technical, Hygiene, NPD and HR, providing values of consistent leadership across all functional areas
- Ongoing participation of Six Sigma projects and promotion of the tools & methodology across the site.
- Optimisation of labour and planning schedule
Productivity / Financial
- Meet and surpass budget, efficiency targets & engineering improvements across the site
- Creating of budgets & costings
Customer Relationship Management
- Ensure the site is audit ready at all times and consistent to best practices with customers. Partake in audits and site tours as well as oversee NPD and trials on site.
- Ensure consistent supply and demand through development of a production controller whilst still driving efficiency levels
- Attendance of customer meetings off site where applicable
- Attendance and high level management of customer audits
Auditing / Quality Control
- Support with internal audits ie. HACCP, Glass, GMP, Internal Audit program and improvement plans
- Enforce food safety, quality and legal standards
- Analyse food trends and improvements of customer complaints ensuring a full investigation is completed, and the customer receives a satisfactory response
The successful candidate will also be fully responsible for Health & Safety on site, as well as leadership of a team of 200 people.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience of a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of food manufacturing environment including HACCAP and Food Safety, and up to date with key legislation
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- Ability to create strong & effective cross functional relationships
- Excellent people management, coaching & team building skills
- Ability to travel occasionally as the business warrants and the ability to be flexible to business needs.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who are acting as a recruitment agency.