Assistant Production Manager
Our client is long established business which has grown to be one of Australia's largest privately owned meat operations. The company operates three processing sites including a pork de-boning facility, a case ready facility and an abattoir. The business serves a wide variety of markets including supermarket, retail, distributor, manufacturing and export. This role will best suit an experienced professional who has worked in an FMCG / Food Manufacturing environment with short shelf life.
This role requires a natural leader with a passion for the food industry who is able to provide guidance and training to employees, whilst ensuring a safe and efficient work environment.
Reporting to the Production Manager as part of the Boning team, key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the performance of Boning and Packing Room Coordinators;
- Managing the Production team hours worked and Annual leave to ensure manning is correct at all times
- Driving a workplace Safety culture within the Production area including closing out any corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Ensuring Quality Non-Conformance reports are generated in full on time;
- Managing production KPIs through consultation with Production Coordinators;
- Ensuring all workers are trained against current Work Instructions where required and supporting the Training Team in achieving targets each week
- Driving adherence to processes and procedures within the team
- Chairing team meetings on a weekly basis;
- Ensuring GMP is adhered to at all times
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a Supervisory role
- Demonstrable ability to think quickly and logically whilst meeting deadlines
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport quickly
- Previous Meat Industry experience would be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to adapt to developmental changes in the business and be a pro-active thinker.
- Family owned company
- One of Australia's largest privately owned meat operations
- Committed to quality and service
- Their vision is to be recognised as Australia’s premier meat supplier of choice through the delivery of a broad range of high quality products with a commitment to efficiency, value adding and service excellence by a team of dedicated and talented employees.
If you would like to work for an Australian family owned company that prides itself on training and development from within then apply now!
The company offer a competitive salary of $90-$100k (circa £55k-62k) plus Superannuation and for the right candidate will assist with a sponsorship VISA and some help towards relocation.
If you are SERIOUS about relocating to Australia and have the skill set required, then we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4113 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.