Engineering Manager – Food Production
JOB TITLE: Engineering Manager – Food Production
LOCATION: West Sussex
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefits
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
To lead and direct the Engineering function, supporting business growth and change through strong project management, development of Continuous Improvement and lean ways of working, and control of financial budgets and suppliers.
- Participate in strategic planning for the business as a member of the Senior Management team, and provide advice and guidance to the board on Engineering related matters.
- Ensure that Health & Safety remains a foremost priority for the business, working with the Engineering team to ensure all departmental policies, procedures and working practices are industry leading in this respect.
- Develop, agree and deliver the agreed annual capital plan to both time and budget.
- Plan, and deliver complex projects, often to tight deadlines, including managing supplier tender and contracts, budget and cost control, co-ordination of resources and management of operational considerations such as technical and production planning.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement culture, working in collaboration with other departments, to improve operating performance, reduce waste, and control cost.
- Advance the structure, design, and implementation of an effective Preventative Maintenance and asset care system to support optimal equipment and utility performance.
- Conduct data analysis to plot trends and spot opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the Plant Manager to set and agree Key Performance Indicators to include Health and Safety standards, delivery of an effective Engineering support service to the business, employment and development of staff, wastage, utilisation of engineering spares, effective procurement and purchasing, energy utilities and foreign body control.
- Be responsible for compliance with legislation and customer codes of practice,
- Take a lead for Engineering in planning for and hosting successful visits including customers, auditors, and company VIP visits
- Be responsible for the engineering skills base within the business, identifying current and future skills requirements, formulating training plans and development pathways, and working with the Personnel team to maximise recruitment and engagement opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree / HND or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrable success in leadership during periods of business growth and change
- Senior Management experience within FMCG / Food related manufacturing operations is essential
- Previous experience in preparation and delivery of annual capital plans
- Previous experience in the developing and managing Planned Preventative Maintenance Programmes
- Proven track record in leading Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Proven track record in the managing medium to large capital size projects.
- NEBOSH / IOSH essential
- Project Management qualification desirable
- Formal management qualification essential
- Six Sigma green belt or above desirable
- Strong IT skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- 25 days annual leave (8 days public holiday)
- GPP Pension scheme
- On-going training
- Private Healthcare
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On site park
- Subsidised Canteen
For further information please check out our careers page