Factory Manager, Food; Monday - Friday (Days)
Factory Manager, Food; Monday – Friday (Days)
Salary – Competitive
Our client are a prestigious family run food manufacturer based near Morecambe. To continue to deliver on their ambitious growth plans, they now seek a talented Factory Manager to manage all aspects of the factory.
The Factory Manager will be expected to deliver excellent customer service with a high level of efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Role / Responsibilities:
- To proactively communicate the company’s vision, strategy and values and to ensure that all employees within the factory understand how their individual efforts contribute to the achievement of overall company objectives.
- To ensure that resources are managed so that the planned customer service levels are consistently achieved.
- To set housekeeping and health and safety standards for the factory and ensure they are met.
- To monitor and manages all aspects of performance within the factory, including food safety, raw material yields, the quality of the product, the quantities produced and the performance and behaviour of staff.
- All categories of stock, including WIP, are proactively managed so that the minimum level of stock is carried which is commensurate with the achievement of the pre-agreed levels of customer service.
- To proactively manage the management structure, staff, skills and systems within the factory in order to maximise operational performance.
- To seek continuous improvement in the operations of the factory, ensuring that best practice is understood and implemented.
- To ensure that all legal and audit requirements, including health & safety, are met.
ü Previous experience in a similar role.
ü Experience within an FMCG / food manufacturing environment (ideally meat or poultry).
ü Degree educated or equivalent.
ü The ability to demonstrate strong people management skills and proven experience of motivating and engaging teams.
ü Knowledge of HACCP and health and safety regulations is essential.
ü Strong commercial and financial awareness.
In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary (to attract the best). This is a fantastic opportunity for a determined and talented Factory Manager to join an ambitious family business.
This is a predominantly Monday – Friday, Days Only, role (0700hrs-1600hrs) though flexibility will be required and some weekend work may be necessary on occasion.
ElevateRTC are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is just one of a number of positions that we currently have available in this sector. To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. ElevateRTC are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Food, FMCG, Dairy, Bakery, Meat, Beef, Pork, Lamb
This role may be suitable for you if you have a background as any of the following: General Manager, GM, Factory Manager, Operations Manager, Site Manager, Production Manager, Head of Production, Head of Manufacturing
Commutable from: Lancaster, Preston, Blackburn, Kendal, Blackpool, Carnforth, Garstang, Fleetwood, Burnley