Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical Bias
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, Hull, are you looking for a new challenge within a brilliant business?
A fantastic opportunity to join the team at Jacksons in this integral role. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be working as part of a team and be responsible for troubleshooting and high level fault finding in order to maintain and enhance the fully automated production machinery. You will assist with plant optimisation and performance within a genuine culture of continuous improvement and ensure that production targets are achieved on time. You will work with the factory planned maintenance system both developing and completing planned maintenance routines and to constantly monitor the effectiveness of the system.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Provide effective and efficient support to the manufacturing function to achieve maximum production efficiency levels with the minimum of machine downtime.
- Professionally carry out fault finding analysis, identify root causes of plant or equipment breakdowns, and resolve the problem.
- Maintain asset care history logs for all major plant and equipment to assist in breakdown problem solving analysis and preventative maintenance programme.
- Provide effective call out cover (on a rota basis) in the case of maintenance or cleaning emergencies.
- Ensure all health and safety and other business guidelines are followed, and the best interests of the Company are maintained at all times.
Key Multi-skilled Engineer skills and experience
You will be proactive, with excellent communication and time management skills. You will also have exceptional attention to detail and be able to deliver consistent accurate data. Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and being able to demonstrate their effectiveness will also be beneficial for this position alongside health and safety qualifications.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
Please note this is a fixed term opportunity for 12 months in the first instance.