Senior Product Development Manager – Bakery – Minibites, Bars and Cookies
JOB TITLE: Senior Product Development Manager – Bakery – Minibites, Bars and Cookies
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefits
CSM Bakery Solutions is the major global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail, foodservice, industrial and artisanal bakery Channels. CSM is built on more than 120 years of bakery craftsmanship and expertise with a great heritage of bakery brands including some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, MeisterMarken, Westco, Multifoods, Arkady, Craigmillar and Waldkorn.
With the largest R&D team in the industry, we work regionally (EU and USA) close to our customers for Product Development, while leveraging Global scale for Innovative Product Technology, Compliance& Documentation and Business Systems.
Become part of an R&D community of 250 colleagues, spread globally over 26 Product Development Centres and 4 Innovation Centres. Our Global R&D mindset means that we can execute a project anywhere in the world, making our competencies available from wherever they may be, for customers anywhere.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialised ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major retail multiples along with food service organisations, quick serve restaurants, the major well known coffee houses, large industrial bakery chains to small Artisanal Bakers.
- Provide new product concepts in response to signed off internal & external briefs – on time and to the agreed costs and of quality.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, account managers, process, technical and ops to ensure that all these departments are engaged in the process.
- Seek creative process solutions within the existing manufacturing methods, working with the process and operational teams.
- Manage your NPD & EPD projects from concept through to successful launch of said projects.
- Work closely with customers in the development of innovative products, additionally you will;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers
- Support the account managers by assisting with and attending product presentations and making samples as requested by the account managers.
- Jointly manage customer visits with both the accounts manager and supply chain.
- Work closely with the Marketing department on latest trends, ingredients and packaging
- Work closely with the process and ops teams to ensure that you have a good understanding of the company’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Understand how recipe and process impact on costs and communicate changes
- You will strive to continually improve products within your customer base by;
- Being aware of competitor launches in your accounts
- Ensuring your customers are best in their class
- Prioritising your own workload, you will work with the rest of the PD team to optimise resource, support other team members and ensure cover for your accounts during holidays etc.
- Continuous professional development in the technical and baking arena, sharing findings with the rest of the team.
- You will maintain and develop optimum health and safety, hygiene and QA practices within the kitchen. Ensure good levels of GMP at all times, thus making sure that the kitchen area meets all technical requirements of the business, including BRC and PPC standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree Level/HND, preferably Masters in Food Science , Bakery Science or Chemistry (or equivalent)
- Strong industry experience in bakery or similar products.
- Knowledge of Cakes / muffins / cookies / and or Fried products, with willingness to learn other categories, including ingredient development for Fillings and Icings
- Good planning, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to liaise with customers confidently and professionally
- A genuine interest in food.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- 25 Days Annual Leave , including 8 public holidays
- Pension Contribution
- On-going training
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
For further information please check out our careers page