Health & Safety Manager - Part Time
JOB TITLE: Health and Safety Manager – Part Time
HOURS: Circa 24 hours with flexibility towards occasional weekend work
LOCATION: West Sussex
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefits
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business is in excess of £200 million.
To ensure that the requirements of all relevant Health & Safety legislation are implemented, that the business complies with corporate and legal requirements and that a culture of safety is prevalent throughout the business
Drive best practise across the site developing strong safety and environmental cultures.
- Ensure the business complies with Health and Safety legislation. This includes conducting/coordinating assessments such as risk assessments, audits and inspections on time, with time-bound action plans for resolution of highlighted issues.
- To provide support and guidance to the site and Leadership team on all operational HS&E matters in alignment with company policy's and legislative requirements.
- Develop and Implement with the Plant Manager the HE strategy for the site and recommend policies, standards, procedures and systems to ensure site compliance to legislative requirements.
- Develop initiatives to improve Health & Safety performance
- Drive and be an advocate for the Health and Safety performance improvement across the site and deliver agreed KPI targets
- Ensure that personal and environmental accidents and near misses are investigated, recorded and reported properly and closed out, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Practical experience of H & S in a fast paced manufacturing environment including contact with appropriate external organisations
- Passionate about Health and Safety, able to lead & influence at all levels thus facilitate change
- Strong communication skills both in terms of verbal / presentation skills and written documentation Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem solving skills / personal judgement as well as policy adherence in order to make optimum business decision
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- 25 days annual leave (8 days public holiday)
- GPP Pension scheme
- On-going training
- Private Healthcare
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
For further information please check out our careers page