Direct Meats supply the hotel and restaurant industry worldwide. Over the last 20 years we have built our core business, working alongside reputable farmers and suppliers, enabling us to be at the forefront of the industry. Customer service has always been something that is extremely important to Direct Meats and all employees at Direct Meats play a big part in this process. Every role is important, team work, understanding, and being able to work under pressure is key.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to join the team. They will need to consider themselves to be part of the operational team and not a separate entity. The role requires a lot of factory presence. Areas of responsibilities include;
- Organising the businesses technical strategy
- Overseeing hygiene, housekeeping and food handling processes
- Advising on nutritional, microbiological, food quality and packaging regulations and emerging threats to the business
- Liaising with customers on quality matters, concerns or technical issues
- Full understanding and implementing of HACCPS to Salsa and BRC standard
- Update staff training on policies and procedures
- Ensuring all technical projects are initiated, driven and fully implemented
- Ensuring all suppliers are conforming to site requirements
- Ensure internal quality management systems are reviewed and the effective management of the quality assurance team strengthening the company’s position and holding regular HACCP meetings
- Effectively monitor hygiene standards to ensure that the factory is cleaned to the required standards
- Ensure product specifications are in place and up to date
If you have previous experience and a 'doing it the right way and not the easy way approach' we welcome you to contact us!