Butchery Training Manager
Purpose of the position
The role of the Butchery training manager is primarily to support butchers, production skills & meat knowledge and map/record staff progress.
This role is responsible for training meat knowledge against correct specification, identifying and dealing with primal issues, understanding what makes a yield, understanding correct processes to keep the line balanced, for all products on all lines, up skilling and developing meat knowledge throughout HF UK, and ensure butchers continually monitor the quality on all lines to ensure HFUK deliver the best possible quality product at the right sustainable yield
- butchers/apprentices are assessed regularly and competent to check and yield primals to current Food Connected specifications
- Develop the butchers to be mindful and present controlling process flow from their work station, to keep the lines balanced and prevent excessive build ups of primal.
- In conjunction with Operations/Production & Product Development ensure whether butchers/apprentices skills are accounted for when new products/projects are being developed.
- Create & maintain a training matrix, agreed with production, for all the areas of the business involving meat process and skills to identify and train staff against.
- To support the recruitment of already skilled butchers and also help identify potential current employees that may make good apprentices/butchers.
- Identify/Research new techniques and innovative equipment relative to the butchery function of Hilton Foods UK
- Perform cutting demonstrations for VIP/customer visits and order in cuts of meat/carcasses for the visit.
- Assist commercial in identifying suitable cuts of meat for new products
- Knowledge of primal/specifications and equipment to generate best processes.
- Able to work well with production staff to help support pre pros and first runs, as well as monitor existing lines and skills to ensure best practises are maintained.
- Be highly self-motivated to drive improvement through the business and be assertive enough to implement best practises where necessary
Working hours: Must be flexible days and nights
Apply for Butchery Training Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly