HSE Manager - National role
Development of the Sector HSE Plan to enable the Company HSEQ strategy to be implemented and delivered across the relevant sector.
Working directly with the respective management teams and their on-site HSEQ / Managers Champions to deliver this strategy and drive a culture of continuous improvement. Co-ordination and harmonisation of HSEQ across the sites to ensure delivery of a consistent approach and implementation of good practice. This is a both an advisory and hands-on role.
- Work with local management teams to develop the risk profile and action planning for individual sites and overall sector.
- Driving, support and coach site teams.
- Provide expert professional support to line management and HSEQ Champions at all levels within the sector, ensuring that Good Practice in HSE is identified, shared, adopted and embedded. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; management training requirements; Major Incident Management and recovery RIDDOR; and Legal Privilege.
- Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern within the sector and translate this into the relevant action plans. Provide Sector Director / others with relevant trend information and reports as required.
- Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned. Where required hold review sessions.
- Plan and implement the roll out of Corporate initiatives, programmes, directives and policies across the sector. Monitor the implementation and assist where required. Understood and conflicts between customer and Wincanton policies.
- Lead on implementation of Company requirements for all new business wins / TUPE transfers.
- Lead on closure of any business losses ensuring all relevant documentation etc. is uploaded to RIVO Safeguard.
- Build relationships with customers and unions at local levels to ensure understanding of policies, procedures and ways of working.
- In consultation with the Divisional HSEQ Manager / HSEQ Change Manager develop and maintain a specialism for one of the Company's key issues, namely quality, environment, warehouse safety, vehicle safety, food safety, fire safety, noise, ergonomics or other as business needs require.
- Mentoring and developing site based SHEQ Champions / Co-ordinators
- Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
- To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- Involvement with internal working parties as appropriate
- Grad IOSH (or working towards)
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Experience of managing HSEQ across multiple locations
- Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
- Will require competent administration and IT skills
- Diploma qualified or equivalent (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered). Candidates who do not currently meet this requirement must attain this within 24 months of appointment.
- Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
- Will have specialist knowledge and skills in a specific field i.e. quality, environment, warehouse safety, vehicle safety, food safety, fire safety, noise or ergonomics
Please ask for further details