Food Safety, Legality and Quality Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
Profitable, privately owned, with a £multi-million turnover, our client is an impressive business, with extensive modern factory facilities based across several units in a rural part of West Midlands. The business continues to re-invest profits in capital expenditure projects to further enable them to produce a range of ready to eat chilled foods for several top retail own label customers. Their range of technologies and manufacturing processes are only expanding given their innovative new product development programme and comprehensive product offer.
Sourcing raw materials locally, nationally and indeed globally, they only procure the finest ingredients for onward manufacture and as Head of Technical, you’ll be instrumental in delivering their vision for ‘world class’ quality standards. Reporting to the Technical Director and responsible for four direct reports, this is a leading role within the central Technical function where you will manage Food Safety, Legality, and the companies Quality Systems to implementing rigorous and robust technical disciplines across their extensive manufacturing facilities and supplier partners. In addition to this your will taking ownership of the HACCP & Allergen systems and driving industry best practice.
- Broad breadth of technical management expertise including chilled foods and own label manufacturing.
- Ideally you will have a degree in Food Science or related
- Working knowledge of BRC and HACCP
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal skills and a flexible approach
- A commercial outlook with strong technical principles.
- Experienced in leading large technical and quality teams.
- To ensure that the business produces safe, legal and quality products.
- To deputise in the absence of the Technical Director.
- To own and manage the companies HACCP & Allergen Management Systems.
- To ensure the business remains legally compliant and adapts to meet any changes in the legal framework in which it operates.
- To manage the validation of Critical Control Points and pre-requisites based on the companies HACCP plan.
- To manage the verification of Critical Control Points and pre-requisites based on the companies HACCP plan.
- To ensure validation studies are performed to meet legislative, industry and customer requirements.
Ref Code: FMW17215
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to JamesC@cparecruitment.com or call 020 8203 1000
Apply for Food Safety, Legality and Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly