A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Food Technologist to join an exciting and rapidly evolving branded business. Driven by a culture of innovation, ambition and entrepreneurship, our client works to bring their unrivalled product ranges to food lovers throughout the UK. This highly supportive business is looking for a bright technologist to train and develop into an amazing technical expert.
You will be working as part of a small team at the brand’s HQ in London and be a key member of the product team, championing quality and technical integrity. In this broad, challenging and stimulating role you’ll be:
- Responsible for the safety and legality of all products, with a view to becoming the main point of contact for all technical and quality related concerns.
- Co-ordinating and running regular quality control panels, both internally and with suppliers, safeguarding the consistency of the company’s mouth-watering products.
- Flexing your analytical mind and problem solving skills to find solutions to any technical issues which arise.
- Taking ownership of, and maintaining, the product and supplier databases. Going on to build and maintain strong relationships with these suppliers, working synergistically with them to isolate the root causes of any customer complaints.
- Keeping up to date with the latest legislation, utilising this knowledge when dealing with product, ingredient and packaging specifications, allowing you to manage the artwork process and provide the technical sign off.
- Working closely with the Product Manager to support with technical aspects of new product development and achieving successful launches.
- Becoming the technical, nutritional and food technology expert within the business, advising on new trends and legislation.
- Receive training to become a supplier auditor and become an expert in your field.
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious graduate with a food science or food technology degree, with some previous experience of working in a similar technical or quality role within the food industry. You’ll be passionate, bring heaps of energy and enthusiasm to the role and have an inquisitive and logical mind. Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, you’ll have top notch communication, organisation and prioritisation skills along with an excellent analytical approach – a necessity when handling multiple projects and liaising with colleagues and customers at all business levels. Additionally, you’ll be proactive and able to use your own initiative, think outside the box and consistently exceed high technical standards.
If you are a confident technologist who has a “can do” attitude, and loves making things happen, then get in touch as this could be the amazing brand you’ve dreamed of working for.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Food Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly