Site Health & Safety Coordinator, North Tawton (Taw Valley)
2 days left
- Contract Type
Health & Safety Coordinator, North Tawton (Taw Valley)
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Our Taw Valley creamery has a new opening for an Environment, Health and Safety Co-ordinator within the QEHS team, site based in Devon. The site employs around 125 people, operating 24 hours per day, approximately 365 days/year and produces award winning Cheese, Whey, Cream, Butter, WPC and Powder.
The EHS Coordinator will work closely with colleagues at site, the Group QEHS team and contractors to provide advice, support and 'hands on' assistance to site personnel to ensure a safe work environment, compliance with health, safety and environment legislation and the continued improvement of the site business performance.
Make an impact
Some of the key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, implement, maintain and continually improve agreed QEHS management system, documentation, procedures and instructions.
- Liaise with site Management, supervisors, safety representatives and other employees regarding queries from occupational health, safety and environment initiatives, inspection reports and other general safety matters.
- Provide advice and support to site Management and employees with the aim of ensuring that all site work activities and hazards are risk assessed using an approved system.
- Investigate as necessary accidents and near misses and submit recommendations to the appropriate Manager to prevent reoccurrences.
- Coordinate agreed EHS compliance activities for the site (audits, inspections, performance monitoring, action plans, policy development risk assessment and control).
- Delivering EHS training and development activities across our site.
Experienced in Health & Safety?
The ideal candidate will have a health and safety background, ideally gained within a manufacturing/FMCG environment and will hold a NEBOSH certificate or Diploma (or equivalent), or will be working towards this. This is a role that requires interpretation of data and report collation so strong attention to detail and IT skills are essential.
Candidates must have a positive, organised and resilient approach. You will be a confident communicator, able to maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders and will have a forward thinking approach to bring new ideas to fruition.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion and support toward professional qualifications.
Application and Contact
Please apply as soon as possible, applicaitons will be actioned as soon as they are received. We look forward to hearing from you!