Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager/Site Engineering Manager
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager/Site Engineering Manager
Location: Lancashire/Greater Manchester/Merseyside
Salary: c£70k plus Car Allowance, Pension
Our client is a hugely successful food manufacturer based in Lancashire. With sustained growth and continued extensive investment in the factory this is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Engineering Manager to join this team.
- We are looking for a highly experienced Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager/Site Engineering Manager who has led large teams in a food manufacturing or FMCG company. You will have delivered results in a fast-paced demanding production environment.
- You will have strong commercial skills, having the proven ability to manage and develop budgets and ensuring that capital programmes deliver results and cost savings.
- You will be a credible senior team player who is a natural communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. As Chief Engineer you will have excellent influencing skills and the ability to work in a multi-functional team environment and at board level.
- You will have exceptional people management skills coupled with excellent coaching ability. Proven track record in managing performance through their people
Reporting to the Site Director, you will work as part of the senior management team on this site. With a team, you will lead a key function on this site. You will develop your team, through coaching and mentoring. Developing skills and ensuring a well-structured and motivated Engineering team is in place, to build a positive performance culture.
- You will responsible for building the annual investment plan, the implementation of the revenue expenditure programme as well as managing the Capex for the site.
- You will continually review all aspects of the Engineering Function, guaranteeing sustained engineering performance and delivering world class internal customer service.
- As Chief Engineer, you will share, guide and develop engineering practices, promoting and implementing technical standards through your senior team to develop a world class Engineering platform
- As part of your role you will manage, motivate and lead the Engineering team. As an intrinsic part of this you will be supporting the development and evolution of a Safety Culture within the department. Ensuring that practices are kept up to date with current and proposed legislation regarding Engineering Safety Statutes and Codes of Practice
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/4468 or for a confidential discussion, please call me Carole Hearn on 0161 832 7463.