4 days left
- Contract Type
Reports to: Hygiene Manager
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 19:00 – 07:00
Location: Chessington, Surrey KT9 1TW
Salary: £30-35k plus £1200 night allowance
Travel : Not required
New England Seafood International – who are we?
We are a premium supplier of fresh fish, value added fish products and raw ready to eat fish to all the major UK retailers and to food service customers in the UK. We have nearly 500 employees based in our manufacturing site in Chessington, Surrey and nearly 100 based in our manufacturing site in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. We are also joint partners with Comptoir Oceaniques, a French company, in Joii Sushi, providing sushi to all the major sushi chains in the UK. Joii Sushi has its base in Chessington and has manufacturing facilities in Boulogne, France.
What is the purpose of this role?
The main purpose of this role is to manage the Hygiene staff through the Hygiene Team Leaders across both the day and the night shift. To ensure that the correct Hygiene standards have been implemented and are being maintained, across Unit B & Unit C (Ready to Cook and Raw Ready to Eat)
• To verify and measure the delivery of the hygiene standards across Unit B and Unit C production areas ensuring standards are maintained and are in line with both customer and NESI requirements.
• To ensure accurate and up to date CIC’s are in place supported with Risk Assessments.
• To ensure all staff are trained against the latest version of the CIC and ensure verification activities are in place to demonstrate this, as a minimum, on an annual basis.
• To ensure all OOS results are fully investigated and closed out.
• To use the trended Hygiene Environmental data to ensure that preventative actions are in place where reoccurring issues are present.
• To ensure the required data and Hygiene documentation is in place, accurately populated and easy to retrieve and audit this paperwork on as a minimum on a monthly basis. % conformance to be published by shift and used within Team meetings to drive performance.
• To support both internal and external audits representing the Hygiene function as required.
• To ensure PPE and Hygiene consumables fulfil both Unit B and C’s requirements and are managed within budgetary requirements.
• To ensure Holchem are used to support additional training and are used to help drive and support improvement activities across the team.
• To conduct ‘adhoc’ and scheduled (minimum monthly) Hygiene audits across all shifts and all areas (internally and externally) verifying the standards. Put in place preventative action plans to close out these issues and re-audit to validate compliance.
• Conduct independent ATP swabbing as an additional verification activity of the cleaning standards and trend the data to show instances where initial OOS spec results where seen and corrective actions were required.
• To sit on and be part of the sites HACCP team.
• To generate a report each night that lists equipment requiring repair etc and lists any poor walk away stds etc for the related site teams to address and close out
• To ensure that Hygiene hand over forms are used for both routine and ‘ad hoc’ cleaning
• To Ensure that all new equipment introduced into the factory follows the correct Hygiene process (ie: Added to relevant CIC, swabbing plans etc) and that this information is given to the Engineering department to file.
• To deputise for the Hygiene Manager in their absence.
• To manage the Factory Hygiene operations (days and nights) and the Team Leaders (days and nights)
• To work closely with the Group Compliance Manager, Group Technical Account Manager, Group Head of Technical, Factory Technical Managers, Technical Team Leaders, QA’s, Operational team and Engineering team.
What experiences, knowledge and capabilities do I need to demonstrate?
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, coupled with people management experience and food safety knowledge.
• Experience within a FMCG environment (preferred)
• Working knowledge of Hygiene management systems
• Ability to influence
• Sound organisational skills
• Ability to work cross functionally over the organisation
• Ability to formulate action plans
• Ability to work as part of a larger multi-site Technical team
We are at an exciting time in the group’s development and are in the process of making important steps in a transformational growth plan:
• Completed the acquisition of greater production capacity
• Progressing the next generation of value added products in the retail and food service fish category • Driving an ambitious category led growth agenda
• Developing an innovative branded offer to fulfil rapidly developing consumer needs
Our core purpose is to enhance lives through fish. Our vision is to be the “go to” partner, loved by our customers, chosen for our species and famous for consumer-led innovation, in showing people how to enjoy fish every day. Our organisation is category led, organised by our core species of Tuna, Wild Salmon, Sea Bass & Sea Bream, and deeply connected to our customers.
Our values run through our business and are Respect, Customer Care, By Learning we Grow, Team Spirit and Integrity.
Apply for Hygiene Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly