Quality Assurance Technologist
To implement the quality testing and nutritional verification programmes agreed by the Quality Improvement Manager and communicate results effectively to suppliers, so that compliance to agreed standards is measured, and issues are escalated for resolution.
- Scheduling of monthly routine testing of food and packaging and nutritional verification to testing plan agreed by Quality Improvement Manager. Manage provision of samples and preparation for testing.
- Carrying out physical and sensory evaluation of food and packaging and coordinating with contract laboratories to get contracted testing completed to agreed standards in specifications and quality attribute sheets.
- Reporting on food and packaging testing performance and nutritional verification to agreed format and timescales, and escalation of issues showing a continued lack of improvement to teams on a monthly basis.
- Checking invoices from laboratories against testing work carried out and escalating any charges that don’t relate to testing requested.
- Maintaining kitchen supplies and where appropriate, manage sample archiving/reference samples.
- Management of import samples and paperwork as appropriate to ensure compliance to import license requirements.
- Maintaining routine and nutritional verification testing records for a minimum of 3 years.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Proven experience in similar role
- Technical qualifications in related discipline
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Trained in sensory testing and can demonstrate a track record of identifying sensory non-conformances
- Can demonstrate ability to conduct sensory and physical testing food testing and has proven track record of organising and completing testing work
- Ability to analyse data and identify out of specification issues and/or errors in data and can communicate this information effectively
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with key stakeholders in a food business
- An interest in food and an enthusiasm to work with and taste ALL types of food