- To manage technical standards across all three sites to ensure that food safety, legality and quality standards are met at all times.
- To manage site audits conducted by customers, statutory bodies, third party audit and internal audits in an efficient and timely manner.
- To develop, manage, motivate, coach and lead members of the technical team.
- To be the HACCP team leader and maintain effective HACCP systems.
- To manage complaints, ensuring that they are managed and responded to in a timely manner.
- To manage supplier performance and the approval of new suppliers of ingredients and packaging.
- To ensure up to date product specifications exist for all products.
- To participate in the NPD process to provide technical input.
- To check and approve artworks and they comply with current legislation.
- Degree or equivalent in a food science discipline is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and BRC or IFS
- High level of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Up to date knowledge of food legislation and its interpretation
- Excellent management skills
This is an ideal opportunity for a technical professional looking to develop their career.