Packaging Development Manager
Our client is a well-respected manufacturer with a clear market presence and a reputation for high quality products. They are currently looking to recruit a Packaging Development Manager who will be responsible for supporting the creation of multi-component packaging solutions.
The Packaging Development Manager position will be a highly visible role within a fast-paced, high-quality business;
- To manage the development and delivery of innovative new products to new and existing SKUs
- To provide specialist support to the development of new products, particularly in the development of our packaging capability, ensuring compliance with legislation and regulation in the market.
- To be responsible and accountable for the entire process by working with all of the support functions and project customers within the business to ensure the products are delivered as per the business case.
- To use your expertise in product development to enhance the NPD process.
- To manage the development of new and existing products.
- To maintain a network of contacts that will ensure we develop and maintain a market leadership in strategic development.
- To effectively manage projects on product development up to delivery to the marketplace of a full range of new products and product modifications.
- Contribute to the concept development phase of new products.
- Ensure product and component specifications and quality standards are established in agreement with procurement, manufacturing and project customer.
- Develop and manage quality assurance for new and existing products
- Provide specialist technical support to Manufacturing, NPD and Marketing
- Generate new ideas, testing their feasibility and subsequent implementation through production and packaging.
The ideal person will hold an appropriate packaging qualification and will have developed a strong set of project management skills within a multi-component packaging environment.
The successful individual will be a self-starter, able to communicate effectively and influence at all levels both internally and externally.