You have the chance to join a well-established food manufacturer who are looking to continue to drive efficiency through the factory. As the Multi-Skilled Engineer you will be working on electromechanical equipment in a fast paced, varied environment.
This is a leading company that work with major retailers & as such have been striving to be more efficient & get more from their site. You will be part of an experienced engineering department & as the Multi-skilled Engineer you will be working a 6:00 - 14:00, Mon - Fri shift pattern.
You have the opportunity to join a growing company & support their engineering team with ongoing change/improvement programmes improvement. As the Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will ensure that the engineering support is effective & prompt; minimalising machine & equipment downtime, maximising preventative maintenance.
- Take responsibility for the operational engineering effectiveness of production machinery and site service machinery and general maintenance across site by working with and directing the Engineering Team of permanent employees and contractors.
- Diagnose and rectify problems with manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Minimise plant downtime by effective application of a maintenance system and good engineering maintenance practice.
- Plan and carry out routine repairs to machinery and equipment.
- Complete all planned and preventative maintenance tasks with appropriate assistance from team leaders/operators.
- Ensure that manufacturer's documentation and hard copy records of machine settings are kept up to date and available.
- Comply with maintenance systems and procedures, including those regarding Health and Safety and Quality assurance.
- Monitor & meet Engineering KPIs such as; Machine downtime, OEE Improvements, Number of improvements implemented & Waste Reduction.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues & the operational team to decide how & when to make adjustments to machinery.
- Work with the operations & planning departments to decide on preventative maintenance plans.
A Multi-Skilled Engineer ideally (60:40 electrical bias) with experience within FMCG environment & the following:
- Minimum 3 years as a Maintenance Engineer
- HNC level in electrical, mechanical or production maintenance engineering or C&G 2330 Level 3 Electro - technical certificate combined with minimum NVQ 3 Electrical Maintenance
- 17th Edition Electrical qualification
- Good understanding of manufacturing systems with an understanding of related controls and instrumentation systems
- PLC experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (food processing experience preferred)
- Knowledge of process, packaging & service equipment would be advantageous
- The ability to work to a high standard of detail
- The ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- The ability to work effectively as an individual & as part of a team
Circa £30,000 - £35,000