Production Operatives, Manufacturing Operatives
Manufacturing Operative roles, based Ossett West Yorkshire, Food Production
To manufacture and pack a range of food ingredient products, to written specifications meeting pre-determined criteria. It is a condition of your employment that if requested to do so, you should be willing to move from one section of the department to another and from job to job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Code of Practice and product protection practices are followed at all times, including hygiene duties as directed by your Supervisor.
- Ensure all raw materials are released and fit for use. Operate line ensuring plant operation is correct, reporting to Engineering and Production Supervisor where any plant fails to perform to requirements.
- To carry out and adhere to the company standards of process, quality, hygiene and HACCP. Also ensuring accurate documentation is completed.
- To operate the Plant to agreed standards, with responsibility for all associated equipment from ingredients in, to finished product.
- To manage all materials in the area, ensuring they are accurately weighed and identified after use, as appropriate.
- To hand over to the next shift, ensuring that all relevant issues are highlighted and communicated effectively to enable the next operative to fulfil their responsibilities efficiently.
- No direct budget responsibilities, but key in achieving output, efficiency and wastage targets.
- Any deviation from recommended plant settings must be authorised by the Shift Supervisor.
- To ensure that production rates meet the requirements of the department, and any deviation from the schedule / plan is reported to the Production Supervisor immediately.
- Actively work towards a nil level of complaints attributable to the team and work to a "Right first time" policy for the production process.
- To work to company objectives of minimal waste, maximum efficiency, conserving energy by switching off machinery not in use.
- To assist the Production Supervisor to develop their own responsibilities to the most appropriate level through teamwork, training, counselling and motivating both collectively and on an individual basis.
- To achieve targeted outputs specific to your role.
- Assist with stock counts as required.
- To work within a Team, meeting regularly with the other team members and collectively accepting the responsibility for the day to day operation of the department.
- To provide training where applicable to NWF Personnel.
- To undertake such training as is viewed necessary by the company to improve personal performance or to meet the overall business objectives.
- To be flexible and provide cover if required and during any periods of planned overtime.
Shift Patterns vary including
- Rotating 6am-2pm and 2pm 10pm
- Night shifts 10pm - 6am
- Continental shift patterns
Salary: £Competitive Salary +shift allowance +benefits
To Apply: Please press the Apply button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This would be suitable for people interested in the following: Production Operatives, Production Line Leaders, Key Operatives, Machine Operators, Semi Skilled Operatives, Line Operators, FMCG, Wakefield, Leeds, Sheffield, Ossett, Bradford,