Process Improvement Manager
Dairy Crest are a leading British dairy products company and they are on a mission to create exceptional food, loved by every generation. They are committed to providing healthier, tasty products that make it easier for consumers to choose healthier foods and to play their part in helping to improve the nation's health. As a leading dairy manufacturer, they are also determined to ensure that key social, ethical and environmental issues are assessed and prioritised.
They own some of the UK's most popular dairy brands, including:
- Cathedral City – proud to be the Britain's favourite cheese
- Davidstow – the ultimate cheese with an intense, rounded flavour
- Country Life – a leading butter brand which comes exclusively from British Dairy farms
- Clover – the only spread with no artificial ingredients
- Utterly Butterly – launched in 1995 and now a household name
- Vitalite – the No.1 dairy free spread
- FryLight – the No.1 Cooking Oil Spray
Davidstow site is the UK's largest cheese-making creamery (Cathedral City and Davidstow) and also produces demineralised whey and galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) – ingredients for infant formula. In 2018 Dairy Crest announced that they were investing £85m in growing the capacity of it's cheese business and £75m of that has been invested into Davidstow in order to grow the Cathedral City and Davidstow brands and enhance Whey production capacity. This means the Davidstow site can process an additional 200million litres of milk a year and increase cheese production from 54,000 tonnes to 77,000 tonnes.
Dairy Crest are now looking to appoint a Process Improvement Manager for their site in Davidstow. The business is looking to invest in an individual who has the ambition and drive to really influence the site processes, ultimately impacting the business from both a commercial and environmental perspective. This role would suit a naturally inquisitive individual who is able to see beyond ‘we've always done it this way'. They will challenge the status quo in order to positively impact their colleagues, the site, their customers and the environment.
This successful candidate will be highly visible to a number of key stakeholders and will have the opportunity to create a strong brand for themselves which will inevitably influence their career trajectory from a longer-term perspective. In this hire, Dairy Crest are looking for a future site leader, and are committed to providing the relevant development and training required to ensure a long-term career within the organisation.
Dairy Crest are looking to engage an individual who has previous experience working as a Process Engineer, with the following attributes, technical skills and qualifications:
- A degree in an engineering, technical or scientific discipline
- Proven experience assessing, influencing and driving energy optimisation
- An inquisitive nature, and a natural desire to seek out alternative processes or outcomes
- The ability to influence, engage and work with the site leadership team
- Experience working in food, pharmaceutical, chemical or a refinery – ideally liquids
Davidstow is a village based in North Cornwall, offering beautiful scenery, an exquisite coastline and activities for all – whether your interests be food & drink, outdoor activities, theatre and music.not forgetting the surfing (the coastline from Bude to Newquay has some of the UK's best surfing beaches!) There is a calendar of festivals, walking weeks and celebrations that will keep even the most active person entertained. Or perhaps you want to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the iconic attractions and hidden treasures. There are 37 schools in Cornwall rated as ‘outstanding' in Cornwall 1 and a number of universities.