Quality Manager - Virani Foods Products Ltd
Salary circa £40K per annum
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, and operating from a purpose-built production facility and a second warehouse site, Virani Food Products Limited is a family owned business employing 60 dedicated and professional staff.
Founded on the market-leading Virani brand of gram flour we have become the supplier of choice for spices, seasonings and pulses to many leading blue-chip food manufacturing companies servicing the highly demanding UK retail. Virani is included in the M&S A List for Dried Herbs and Spices as a miller and blender.
Virani has recently been through a period of significant organic growth and we are seeking to appoint a Quality Manager to our Technical team.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager this is a key position within the business responsible for leading a Quality team. The Spice and Herb sector is considered high risk by many customers and requires that supply chain assurance and integrity are the main priorities. This role will focus on controls and assurance from goods receipt through to despatch and including customer contact in respect of complaints. As deputy to the Technical Manager you will lead customer and third-party audits.
This role offers a great opportunity to work within an SME in a very interesting sector and will challenge those who wish to develop within a business that encourages all to take ownership, act swiftly and challenge the status quo.
- Pest Prevention
- Lead Allergen and TACCP teams
- Customer complaint handling
- Internal non-conformance management
- Management of product non-conformance with suppliers
- Raw Material and Finished Product Evaluation
- Management and disposition of non-conforming product
- Internal and external auditing
- Developing and reinforcing factory technical standards
- Maintain and develop the site Quality Management System
- Conduct gap analyses against COPs and BRC standards
- Delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
- Develop quality performance indicators and drive improvement
- Manage, lead and motivate direct and indirect reports within the technical team.
Essential attributes required for this position include:
- Prior experience of effectively leading a Quality Team
- Experience in working with operational teams to improve standards
- Experience of communicating effectively with customers and suppliers
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to generate and implement creative solutions.
- A strong internal & external customer service ethos geared to meeting and where possible exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company
- Track record of continuously improving team performance.
- Intermediate Food safety and HACCP qualification’s
Desirable attributes include experience of:
- Ingredients Supply (particularly spices and/or pulses).
- Sanderson Unity F8 (or Formul8) ERP software.
- Operating to M&S’s Codes of Practice
- Lead Auditor qualification
To apply for this role, please email your full CV, covering letter and Salary expectations by clicking the apply button below, quoting reference: QM-0219
Apply for Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly