We're one of the world's biggest dairy producers. Join us as an Automation Engineer at our flagship Aylesbury dairy and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
Create the Future
… You will be responsible for planning, conducting and improving production IT maintenance on site equipment and software. Furthermore, responsible for structured Planned Maintenance, troubleshooting and optimisation according to production/packaging equipment which is key to overall site efficiency and delivery. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and contribute in a tangible way to the implementation and maintenance of the HSE & Quality process on-site.
- The Production IT specialist is responsible for structured troubleshooting on site operations equipment and automation systems, and to provide the Site effective proactive maintenance service.
- Structured updating and maintenance on production/packaging equipment (IT)
- Structured troubleshooting of PLC, HMI and SCADA Software
- Plan and maintain proactive monitoring of site systems (e.g. servers and network)
- Preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting 24/7/365 of production IT in case of breakdown in production servers, drivers and automation systems.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of Production IT at Site.
- Participate in local production IT related projects (eg PLC, HMI and SCADA)
- Documentation of production IT at the Site
- Safety systems, Access-control, CCTV
- MES Configuration Interfaces e.g. OEE
- Support Production, Process and PTD teams in delivering CI initiatives
- Provide technical support to local & capital projects
- Conduct project work utilising Arla project tools
- Conduct RCA investigations in to plant issues and component failures and implement corrective actions
Please note this is a shift-based role which will include a mixture of days and nights on a rotating basis.
Grow with Arla
We're committed to professional development and our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you'll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
An experienced and flexible Automation Engineer and ideally we are looking for someone who has worked in either the Food, Brewing, Pharmaceutical or Chemical industries, with a knowledge of PLC programming, S7 preferred, and structured troubleshooting on complex production/packaging equipment. You should have a broad knowledge of Lean culture and ideally experience of Scada, Industrial network and BUS systems. You should be able to work alone and as a member of cross functional teams. You will be willing and able to share knowledge within the wider engineering team, with the ability to coordinate and communicate between external specialists and the site, across all leadership levels. Additional skills we are looking for include:
- Condition Based Monitoring (CBM)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of HSE requirements
...online as soon as possible please. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package relative to the current market. We look forward to hearing from you.