Maintenance Planner - Arla Foods Leeds
We're one of the world's biggest dairy producers. Join us as an Engineering Technician at our Stourton Dairy & Creamery near Leeds, and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
Our Stourton site is a 24/7 state of the art, automated facility producing over 500m litres of fresh milk a year and a huge range of cream-based products. The 24/7, fast paced and complex nature of the site means that a high calibre maintenance team is pivotal to ensure the site meets its objectives.
This is a day shift role.
As the Maintenance Planner you will be responsible for the negotiation, sourcing and purchasing of all appropriate equipment, components and services. In addition, you must maintain all engineering stock, stock locations and manage deliveries. Further responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining SAP purchase order system in line with department KPIs
- Establishes maintenance Job packs for all overhaul activities
- Leads engineering Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) development
- Manages pre-kitting activities as required
- Provides technical authorship for the development of maintenance work instructions
- Generate departmental monthly KPI report
- Accountability for withdrawing stock from engineering stores in line with the SAP procedures
- Conduct audits to measure and improve effectiveness of Site Engineering function
- Continually seek and source alternative suppliers to minimise cost and increase profitability, whilst liaising with the Global purchasing team to ensure compliance with global purchasing agreements
- Carryout supplier reviews
- Manage and track off site repairs
- Being a SAP PEF super user and train colleagues to agreed standards
- Ensure audit compliance for Engineering department
- Manage and oversee the contractor control and Permit to Work systems
- Duty Holder for Legionella
- Drive Compliance improvements, which result from internal audits, and provide leadership to identify and drive closure of potential compliance gaps.
- Establish and maintain statutory/regulatory inspection readiness plans
Skills and Experience
Candidates should have an engineering background with experience of stock management and control. This is a fast-paced environment and you must have the ability to continually look for ways to improve processes. We are also looking for candidates who have experience of the following:
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Legionella awareness
- Financial awareness
- IT literacy
- Use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - SAP Maintenance Module
- Dairy Engineering / Automation
Please apply online as soon as possible.