I am currently recruiting for a Food Technologist on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- Support the site Technical Manager in ensuring compliance on site for food safety, technical performance improvement, our processes and practices against the customer codes of practice and industry standards to support the business “audit ready” status
- Keep up to date, communicate and action customer, food legislation and regulations, industry, certification body, and legal changes that affected our businesses and the changes that will be required, in a structured and timely manner. Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and records are updated and implemented
- Be responsible for on enhancing in-house and supplier compliance (microbiology, processes, customer non-conformances) from raw material and manufacturer upwards to satisfy legal and customer requirements. Assist in the resolution of compliance related non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Provide structured and detailed information for customer visits and events as required and manage through compliance actions arising.
- Support site during Internal and 3rd party audits and visits where required and ensure compliance non-conformances are actioned in a timely manner and reviewed to ensure no repeat issues.
- Developing and maintaining a close working relationship with all businesses, ensuring confidence is established through clear and timely communication, decisive actions based on sound evidence and judgement and a positive attitude to resolving any issues which may arise.
- Investigate, trend and respond to complaints in accordance with the customer deadline. Analyse trends and implement measures to reduce the number of complaints
- Ideally you will have experience working in a similar role
- Ideally you will be degree qualified in a food related discipline
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary range of £25,000 - £28,000
- Working Monday – Friday office hours.
If the above role could be of interest and you would like more information please call Cassi Henderson at DR Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060.