R&D Project Manager (12 Month Contract)
in this role you will lead R&D development of multiple projects to support our Nutrition Category's Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa (ESSA) Region activation calendars. You will work effectively with cross functional partners to deliver initiatives and ensure excellence in application. You will use your expertise to ensure technical compliance with regulatory and global food standards, and leverage a combination of functional and business expertise to shape and develop the technical elements of winning consumer propositions that drive sustainable business growth.
The role involves managing project(s) for Brands with significant turnover (£50mm +) in an FMCG environment where the priorities are constantly evolving at a fast pace, offering truly unique experience.
- Manage all technical aspects of Grains development projects (new launches, brand maintenance, renovation, quality & product specifications) within the Quaker portfolio to support the ESSA Nutrition Grains AOP calendar.
- Leverage a combination of functional and business expertise to develop the technical elements of winning consumer propositions that drive sustainable business growth and support the Grains Innovation Strategy.
- Plan, organise, execute and communicate assigned research and development projects (Calendar Delivery and Innovation Platforms).
- No direct reports to this position. But responsible for matrix management of Grains Placement Students, Technician resource and temporary labour when relevant.
QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Graduate in a Food Science or related discipline or equivalent looking to build a long term career within R&D
- Previous experience in FMCG R&D, product or technology development roles & ability to demonstrate established competence at product and process development.
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment.
- Established project management skills to effectively & efficiently drive multiple projects across different markets
- Ability to quickly analyse complex problems to find actionable pragmatic solutions
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting consumer insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence with integrity through persuasive communication to win support at more senior levels within R&D and Supply Chain and to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from different levels, backgrounds and cultures.
- Valid driving licence
- High standard of English (written and spoken)