Specifications Technologist / Specifications Writer / Technical
Specifications Technologist, Salary £30k, based near Corwen, North Wales, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Specifications Technologist / Specifications Writer role for our Food Manufacturing client based near Corwen.
Role: To write product specifications within the respective customer specification databases and provide technical support to the technical team, including artwork amends, KPI reporting, change management and regulatory/supplier updates.
- Accountable for the accurate input and maintenance of online retailer & supplier portals including the management of information flow and accurate input for the NPD process.
- Responsible for Document Control.
- Responsible for populating Factory paperwork.
- Responsible for accurate completion of customer supplier assurance questionnaires and customer quality attribute sheets.
- Responsible for specification writing duties for Tesco, Aldi, Morrison's, Lidl.
- To ensure that all specifications used within the business are accurate and up to date, including bulk, export and brand to enable the businesss to have confidence in the information stored.
- To ensure that all artwork, both own label and branded are effectively checked and relaying the required information and amendments to the packaging team in a timely manner - this includes verification of 2D codes.
- To advise marketing department on weights, measures, advertising claims, health and nutrition, validation and legal labelling ensuring that a safe and legal product is launched.
- Export and Branded Specification requirements are delivered to the agreed critical path to ensure timetables are met.
- Accountable for the correct allocation of barcodes
- To input data on raw material management system ensuring all fields are relevant and up to date.
- To maintain and update the SEDEX system, and ensure that compliance levels are achieved in line with customer and industry expectations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Preferably educated to A-level or equivalent level
- Recent experience in a technical role within the food industry desirable
- Knowledge and experience of food law legal labelling
- Understanding of HACCP Principles
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate in all aspects of Microsoft Office
Other role info:
- To liaise with members of the technical and account management teams and beyond (Commercial, Marketing, Operational and NPD) to ensure that we are able to share best practice & promote a continuous learning approach to our NPD and specifications/ legal labelling process
- To provide accurate information to the business to enable the team to converse with external authorities to ensure that the reputation of the company is protected (EHO/TSO & Food Standards Agency)
- To liaise with our raw material supply base to ensure accurate and up-to-date specifications and drive continuous improvement
- Administer all raw material and product specifications (customer & brand) across the site
Salary: up to £30,000 +benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Specifications Technologist, Quality Sytems Coordinator, Technical Assistant, Technical Administrator, NPD Technologist, Food Technologist, Product Development Technician, Product Technologist, Technical Assistant Technical Coordinator, Specifications, Corwen, Bala, Oswestry, Shropshire, Wrexham, Chester, Snowdonia, Llandudno, North Wales Production Manufacturer