My client are a leading food business in the South West of the UK. They are seeking a compliance and quality technologist to ensure the food quality and safety standards on site.
The Compliance Technologist is an integral part of a technical team assisting the Compliance Manager with implementation of QMS documentation across the site.
- Ensure compliance to Food Safety, Quality & GMP procedures by auditing.
- Be a proactive and constructive member of the Technical Team, contributing to the generation of new ideas for continuous improvement in accordance with audit non-conformances.
- Ownership of Internal Audit Programme, including GMP, QMS & internal prerequisite program.
- To lead Technical Close calls investigations linked to Food safety, Compliance or Quality.
- To assist and manage Root Cause investigation when incidents or trends appear.
- To monitor and assist Compliance Manager with the upkeep of Quarantine & Concession log.
- To perform & challenge annual CCP & prerequisite verifications
- Investigate complaint trends ensuring preventive measures are put in place.
- To assist Compliance Manager with the generation and implement QMS on site, so aligned with 3rd Party External Standards & Customer Policies.
- Be an active team member during traceability audits – forward, backwards and mass balances.
- Challenge hygiene practices and standards with the aim of reducing microbial incidences and swab numbers.
- Conduct product assessment panels based on adverse product trends and implement corrective / preventive actions.
- To motivate and promote Quality Culture via teamwork & coaching other departments onsite.
- Assist in the training of Quality Management Procedures, and subjects linked to Food safety & Quality culture as appropriate.
- Monitor Comark “Icespy” temperature alarms and action when required.
- Audit raw materials for compliance by performing microbial sampling & quality control parameter inspections.
- Role will require an element of ‘out of hours’ working within reason (predominantly days).
- Cover Tech Admin tasks due to absence or requested.
Training and Qualifications
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Food Technology
- Food industry experience at least 3 years
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 4
- Health & Safety Level 2
Skills and Knowledge
- Confident with experience of working in food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and audit experience of BRC.
- The ability to demonstrate a passion for food and a strong food ethic.
- Communication and influence skills
- Able to present and train to individuals & / or group
- Good PC skills required.