Process Development Manager
A leading multi-site Food business seeking to recruit a Process Development Manager based in the Buckinghamshire region.
Reporting to the site Technical Manager and working closely with the NPD team, the Process Development Manager will take new products from the kitchen and make them work in the factory. Managing the critical path and ensuring that products are taken through the trial process smoothly and efficiently in a timely manner
Preferably the client is seeking a candidate who can demonstrate and be able to do the following:
- Deliver product launches right first time
- Conversion of kitchen samples to scaled up production
- Point of contact for customer in the conversion of product concept to live production.
- Ensuring process and /or products is commercially viable
- Ensures quality standards agreed with the customer
- Identify ingredients/equipment to match customer needs
- Trial all new packaging options, ensuring there are established and suitable
- anufacturing processes
- Ensure that adequate nutritional and microbiological testing is completed or all new launches.
- Arrange customer launches – all schedules for internal personnel and timetable for customer.
- Continually challenge the current manufacturing processes to look for improvements and efficient/ cheaper ways to manufacture.
- Present new products and upgrades to the customer
- Preparing samples and presentation packs
- Oversee improvement and innovation project streams
A proven technical professional with Process Development experience ideally within an FMCG Food manufacturer, Fresh and Chilled food would be an advantage.
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Cross functional management experience
- Retailer exposure
- Strong communicator