Category Specialist Meat, Quality Fine Foods Distributor
Meat Category Specialist
Location - London
Salary -Competitive + bonus
Our client source and supply high quality fresh and frozen products from around the world. In order to support their continued impressive growth they have an immediate requirement for a Meat Category Specialist to join their team.
The Meat Category Specialist will work with, and grow, an impressive client portfolio of fine restaurants, hotels and retailers.
The Category Specialist will assume responsibility for the full meat offer at the company – they will be the knowledge base for the meat category – demonstrating a high level of butchery skills, providing training and sales support as well as a passion for meat.
- Responsible for driving penetration and growth of the meat category - through consultative sales activities with targeted customers, both independently and within the Sales team.
- Provide product expertise and sales support for Account Management team.
- Develop and present selling training materials, taking responsibility for team knowledge throughout the category.
- Working closely with the Purchasing Department to establish relationships with suppliers, provide forecasts, negotiate prices and monitor stock levels.
- Building supplier relationships, including new product development, ordering, price negotiations and forecasting.
- Assist the New Business Development team in opening accounts with high potential, helping provide new customers with a high level of expertise.
- Refine product offering with high quality suppliers, demonstrating a clear strategy for the category.
- Conducting product demonstrations
- Creation and implementation of targeted meat courses
- Daily management of specialist portfolio, handling all high-level customer queries and requests.
- Drive KPI’s across the category including sales growth, category penetration, organisation and sales support.
- Quarterly reporting on sales performance of the category against set targets.
- Building and strengthening relationships with decision makers within the industry.
- Developing opportunities with existing groups according to the sales strategy set by the Head of Account Management.
- Achieving targeted sales growth of an existing portfolio of high-end clients; including restaurants, hotels, contract caterers and food processors.
- Representation of the company image, brand and service through visits, events and media.
- Providing Management team with information regarding the level of outside competition and general market activities.
- Working closely with the Quality Department to ensure that all quality standards are upheld for meat products
- Reporting to the Head of Account Management
ü Previous experience within a similar “meat specialist” role.
ü Extensive prior experience of successful sales within the food industry, with a proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business
ü Strong commercial acumen with strengths in reporting, numeracy and forecasting
ü Creative initiative with a strength in problem solving
ü Organised with a keen eye for detail
ü Excellent communication skills, particularly developed pitching and negotiation skills
ü Able to build strong relationships, both externally and internally
ü Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals
ü Passion for high quality meat, butchery and cooking
ElevateRTC are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is just one of a number of positions that we currently have available in this sector. To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. ElevateRTC are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: Meat, Beef, Pork, Lamb, Butchery, Quality Meat
This role may be suitable for you if you have a background as any of the following: Meat Commercial Manager, Meat Sales Manager, Meat Specialist, Meat Category Specialist, Meat Trader, Butchery Manager, Butchery Specialist, Butchery Trainer
Commutable from: Watford, Borehamwood, Harrow, Wembley, London, Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston upon Thames, Egham, Hayes, Slough, Windsor, Uxbridge, Bromley, Croydon