Capital Projects Engineering Manager
Mizkan Euro is the European subsidiary of Mizkan Group, a family-owned, Japanese business started in 1804, which is the number one sushi seasoning supplier in the world. Mizkan Euro has continued this worldwide trend of producing high quality food products by recently adding UK number one brands, Branston Pickle, Haywards Pickled Vegetables and Sarson’s Vinegar to its portfolio as part of its growth plan. With continued growth we are now looking to recruit a Capital Projects Engineering Manager to join their Senior Team to deliver their 5-year capital project plan, based in our Bury St Edmunds facility.
- We’re looking for a high calibre Capital Projects Engineering Manager, ideally with an Engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent professional qualification e.g. HNC FMCG food
- You have a strong track record of delivering complex multi-million pound engineering projects on time and to budget in a high volume FMCG/ Manufacturing environment
- You have a proven Project Engineering Management background, and demonstrate successful leadership skills as well as expertise in Safety, Risk, Project and Cost Management
- You have excellent influencing and communication skills, working at all levels of the organisation including with the Board. You can demonstrate examples of engagement with multi-functional teams and delivering results through coaching and mentoring
- You will be a natural motivator, with a holistic approach. You use your own initiative and are a strong decision maker where appropriate
- You’ll be commercially astute, have strong analytical, organisational, financial and IT skills
Key responsibilities include:
This newly created Capital Projects Engineering Manager role is a key leadership position, managing a team of expert Project engineers. You will be responsible for leading the achievement of strategic and operational capital objectives (5-year plan and budget), supporting the manufacturing sites and central functions as appropriate
- You will manage legislative compliance in project initiation to successful commissioning, ensuring compliance with Group and related standards including H&S, Quality and Hygiene standards
- You will implement approved capital projects through the team. Working closely with stakeholders, meet safety, quality, productivity, cost, delivery and morale pre-requisites
- As Capital Projects Engineering Manager you will enable the business case for capital projects and submit capital appropriation requests in line with internal process requirements, ensuring management of risk and control
- You will ensure effective reporting of progress and escalation in line with internal controls including managing the capital forecast, as well as providing technical support to the site’s production and engineering teams
The Mizkan values and long term perspective make this a great place to practice and develop your project skills. Equally there is a deep rooted belief in creating world class facilities, investing behind technology, products and people that make this the right time to join.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Silven.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting ref MC2459 or call me on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.