Hygiene Nights Senior Operative
Hygiene Nights Senior Operative
Long Clawson is a world renowned producer of quality cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Spread over two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacturer of Stilton® and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition.
Due to this growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Hygiene Nights Senior Operative based at our Long Clawson site to join our dedicated Hygiene Team. Working Monday-Friday 22:00-06:00, the Hygiene Senior Operative will report into the Hygiene Team Leader and will ensure that all areas of responsibility are cleaned to an excellent standard exceeding ours and our customers’ expectations.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Liaise regularly with the Team Leader to report progress
- Deputise for the Team Leader in their absence
- To coordinate Hygiene staff and ensure work is carried out to a high standard
- To ensure the plant and machinery are cleaned according to the Hygiene Instruction Cards
- To encourage team work and new improved ways of working.
- Liaise with other departments to aid communication and effectiveness.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders and the Management team in order to make improvements and promote the Hygiene Department within the company.
- Strive to improve productivity and cost reduction through control of waste and losses, e.g. water and detergents
- Assist with delivery of training for the team, as and when required
- Liaise with the Maintenance department on breakdowns, completion of documentation and work area inspections, following all Maintenance work carried out
- Completion of cleaning schedule documentation
- Deep cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule
- Investigate of specification swab results and responsibility for corrective actions
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality, Production/Hygiene activities and environmental issues
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
Experience & Skills
- Good level of fitness
- Self-motivated and proven experience of motivating others
- Good man management and problem solving skills
- GCSE or equivalent level of education – good level of numeracy & literacy in order to carry out area reporting activities
- Basic IT skills including Excel, Word and email
- Industrious and able to prioritise tasks to deadlines
- Must possess an understanding of Allergen awareness
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Food/process manufacturing background
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Health & Safety trained in Manual handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and risk assessment
- Previous people management experience
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th May 2017
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter/email; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role via the form below.