Group Technical Director
Do you want to work for a successful, growing company who pride ourselves on our supply chain integrity, sustainable sourcing and high-quality products?
"A successful business depends on relationships built on trust and a shared passion to deliver quality of both product and service. At New England we’ve worked hard to achieve success for our business, our customers and for those we work with around the world, whilst remaining sensitive to our responsibility for the environment. We’ve also remembered to have fun along the way!”
This quote from our founder says it all…………………
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
With a 100 million pound turnover and continued year on year growth, it really is a perfect time to join us. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Group Technical Director to lead and inspire our Technical teams based at our recently acquired site in Grimsby and our established site in Chessington. It’s a great role, so if you want the scope to make a difference in a progressive and innovative environment then this could be your next role.
- We’re looking for an inspirational Technical Director who has a real passion for quality. You will have experience of working at Director level and ideally have managed technical teams in a chilled, multi-component manufacturing environment.
- You will have a strong technical management background, and can demonstrate successful leadership skills. You will have the ability to set and deliver the technical strategy.
- As a successful Technical Director, you will have extensive change management experience, with the proven ability to engage and inspire at all levels, optimising results across the business through a continued commitment to quality and sustainability.
- You will be a natural motivator, with a holistic approach. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
- You’ll be commercially astute and customer focussed, with strong retailer relationships already built.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will provide “best in class” Technical and business leadership to the group as a key member of the Operating Board.
- Reporting to the MD (based at Chessington) you will have full responsibility for the Technical agenda for both sites who supply high quality fish and speciality species to all the major retailers.
- Working closely with the Site Directors and Species Director, you will focus initially on the Grimsby site, preparing for the growth and change ahead.
- Managing teams across both sites you will be responsible for leading and delivering technical performance, shaping technical strategy.
- You will be responsible for evolving potential new directions for the business and influencing Board colleagues on the Technical agenda:
- Making sure that we remain famous for the highest operational standards of quality and Technical integrity, through on-going support and challenge to the business.
- Contributing to and influencing the future delivery of Group profitability and shaping Group strategy and agendas, as a member of the Operating Board is key to this new role.
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch asap.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant email@example.com quoting ref EH/TDNE or call Emma on 0161 832 7463 for a confidential discussion.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process