Direct Meats supply the hotel and restaurant industry worldwide. Over the last 20 years we have built our core business, working alongside reputable farmers and suppliers, enabling us to be at the forefront of the industry. Customer service has always been something that is extremely important to Direct Meats and all employees at Direct Meats play a big part in this process. Every role is important, team work, understanding, and being able to work under pressure is key and we now have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team.
Account Managers work closely with customer’s throughout the sales process. They work closely with other departments and colleagues such as accounts, customer service advisors and sales executives. Account Managers also use sales applications to update client information and requests; they often schedule appointments for sales representative.
This is a creative role that is very much about relationship building, selling our products to maximise profitability.
Duties and responsibilities to include;
* Creating and maintaining professional relationships with existing customers
* Managing a portfolio of customers in a professional manor
* Monitoring customer orders and products
* Keeping up to date with product development
* Onward selling of products into customers
* Devise new sales or marketing strategies and dealing with aspects of campaigns
* Scheduling appointments, calls and meetings
*Generating new business using industry contacts and identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
* Managing work and assisting the Sales Managers and Sales Executives in their roles
*Attending sales meetings
* Completing administrate work as required
*Attending out of hour’s functions (all employees undertake to accept variations in their normal working hours, which from time to time are required by the needs of the business)
* Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
* Negotiate prices and maximise profit
* Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with the sales team to ensure growth attainment
If you have previous experience in a similar role, or come from a chef/butchery background and would like to join a dynamic friendly team, then we welcome you to apply.