Senior Process and Development Technologist - Bakery
David Wood Baking is a fast growing food manufacturing business operating out of 6 sites across the UK. Supplying most of the major retailers and discounters, food service firms and some of the UK’s leading brands with a selection of speciality bread, pies, sweet and savoury pastries and ready meal products through both frozen and ambient channels.
As the company continues to grow we have identified the need for a Senior Process and Development Technologist to join our bread and confectionary product management team, reporting into the Process and Development Manager with line management responsibility for one technologist. The role will be based at our site in the West Midlands, but some travel to other sites and to customers will be required.
In this role you will manage all aspects of the concept to launch process for both NPD and EPD projects, working closely with the P+D Manager, P+D Technologist, Innovation Bakers, National Account Managers and site teams to efficiently deliver quality, innovative products to market. This role will involve close interaction with all major UK retailers and several Food service companies including large sandwich manufacturers and well known Pub/ restaurant chains.
The successful candidate for this role will have a Food Science or related degree, a minimum of 3 years previous experience in a process development role and possess the below skill sets:
- Experience of managing critical paths for major retailers
- Experience presenting to/ communicating with external customers
- Experience with packaging design/ artwork approvals
- Strong awareness of current food/ flavour and bakery market trends
- Practical experience of Good Manufacturing Practice and HACCP
- Strong project management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Take a “common sense” approach
- Possess a “Can-do Attitude” with a strong desire to get the job done well
- Able to work individually and as part of an extended team
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Competent user of Microsoft office, including excel, word and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work outside of standard office hours when required
- Are eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK driving licence
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for and you have, or are about to, graduate from a Food Science or a related degree, have a passion for quality baked goods and possess the skill sets below we would love to hear from you:
For more information about David Wood Baking or this role please visit our website www.dwbaking.com
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter using the form below.