We are seeking someone who can drive continuous improvement, whilst managing and coaching a team to be the best. The role of Operations Manager based at our Belfast site is a great opportunity to make a difference in a varied operation. We need you to drive our company values in everything you do and focus on achieving success for the team and our customers.
What the role is:
To create and maintain an effective and productive team which focuses achievement on results, maximises profit and develops and sustains effective customer relationships. Delivering a quality product on time that exceeds expectations and develops a reputation for excellence.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- Ensure the management team plan and co-ordinate activities to meet schedule and unit targets
- Liaising with General Manager in the development of forecasts and budget targets which support unit operational plan
- Developing and implementing operational plans, ensuring contingency plans are developed and reviewed for effectiveness
- Making sure action plans are developed, reviewed and schedules complied with to achieve on time delivery
- Ensure the unit team contributes positively to achieving an expected level of internal and external customer service
- Building influential customer relationships which facilitate the team meeting business needs and developing business levels
- Attending meetings with customers and ensuring the management team maintains regular contact with customers and all issues are dealt with promptly
- Manage the performance of the unit management team to achieve targets and drive continual improvement, supporting and nurturing as required
- Utilising best practice structures to create a team with clearly defined roles and accountabilities
- Agreeing business objectives with the unit team across all processes
- Ensuring effective communication within the unit/ units utilising all elements of the communication structure
- Ensuring that recruitment meets current and future/potential needs.
- Ensure unit wide compliance to legislative, customer and company standards.
- Ensuring the management team implements and enforces all best practice compliance standards.
What you’ll have will include:
- An in-depth knowledge of production / manufacturing operational management
- People management skills, e.g. dealing with performance issues, grievances, holidays, and absence management
- Ability to plan, organise and delegate
- Computer literate, able to manipulate data
- Communication Skills – must be able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to deliver process innovation and change management
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply in writing, having informed your line manager, with a covering letter and a copy of your most recent CV by clicking the apply button