Supply Chain Coordinator
My Client, a well-known and highly reputable Food Manufacturing business are currently looking for a driven and talented graduate to join the business as a Supply Chain Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics along with Food Manufacturing experience.
- The planning and placing of purchase orders for raw materials and packaging to meet forecasted demand (from domestic and global supply base)
- Setting parameters and controlling minimum and maximum stock levels of all materials onsite (including over 50+ different ingredients)
- Assisting the Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager with negotiations on prices for raw materials and blanket order purchasing to obtain preferential pricing
- Building strong relationships with suppliers through a pleasant and amiable demeanour to aid negotiations and secure preferred trading terms
- Assisting with packaging contracts and interpreting terms and conditions of trade and requesting amends to clauses
- Understanding market conditions for raw materials being purchased, and how availability, crop and seasonality can affect pricing - through monitoring indices
- Liaising with external suppliers to ensure OTIF deliveries and raising complaints/queries on product issues as and when required e.g. damages/shortages
- Degree qualified (ideally a 1st) in a relevant subject
- Food industry experience
- Supply Chain, Planning or Stock Control experience
- Highly driven
- Strong systems skills – Excel and ERP
- Good communication skills, comfortable negotiating