Technologist (12mth FTC)
1. As a member of the Technical team, play a full part in ensuring all requirements of the department are met, which will include providing cover across the team when appropriate.
2. To actively promote and comply with all employment policies and procedures of the Company.
3. To maintain a good level of housekeeping and data integrity, taking account of safe working practices.
4. Be a key player in creating an environment oriented to creative thinking, cohesive team effort and a workplace of trust.
5. To actively participate in training and development activities as considered necessary or appropriate for the role.
6. Any other reasonable duties as instructed by the Technical Manager.
Main Objectives of Role
1. Administer and provide accurate Technical raw material and finished product specifications for internal and external customers.
2. Ensure that packaging design (cutter, artwork etc.) meets the requirements of legislation and those of the business.
3. Develop packaging improvements and execute packaging projects to the required timescales.
4. Liaise with key departments to identify, plan, develop and source packaging materials.
5. Project manage NPD
1. Prepare Product and Ingredient Specifications for issue to internal and external customers and liaise with the Technical Manager to ensure accuracy of information.
2. Administer Customer specification systems.
3. Administer and control raw material specifications.
4. Administer Supplier packaging specifications for all on site packaging.
5. Ensure that packaging material and design meets all legal requirements, whether design is in-house or customers own label, and advise of any required changes.
6. To inspect packaging proofs and advise of any changes required.
7. Participate in, and where required, lead cross-functional teams to deliver packaging projects.
8. Prepare NPD samples and evaluation as directed to meet the needs of the business.
9. Maintain an up to date knowledge of UK and EC legislation to ensure all packaging, labels and materials meet legal requirements.
10. Compile Health & Safety Information for MSDS documentation.
11. Compile Annual Certificates of Conformance for Customers.
12. Ensure all requirement’s for safety, quality, legality and customer needs are met in accordance with due diligence.
13. Maintain up to date files of Internal and Supplier Certification.
14. Respond to Customer Certification requests.
15. Administer Customer complaint correspondence.
Please send applications directly through Food Man Jobs. For more information or to ask any questions please contact Alex Thornton, email@example.com / 0208 203 1000