My client has earned a place as a leading business from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. For years this company has supplied into an impressive range of customers. Now an exciting opportunity arises to join this successful business.
Reporting into the Managing Director you will take ownership over the technical function at this site and you will look to maintain and develop the highest standards for product quality. You will have responsibility for Supervisors and a team of QAs. You will ensure that quality systems are maintained and you will look to develop both new and existing customer relationships. You will be involved in shaping the company's technical strategy.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Directing the company’s quality management system (QMS) to ensure compliance with standards such as those set by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point(HACCP) procedures on food handling
• Reviewing existing policies and planning how to improve quality management systems
• Implementing improvements to systems
• Representing the business on all technical-related matters
• Ensuring all staff are competent to do their jobs properly and able to develop in their roles
• Managing company hygiene, quality and laboratory activities
• Liaising closely with senior company management, suppliers and customers
• Supporting other company departments as required
• Lead & Participate in Supplier Auditing where required
• Maintain product safety, composition and labelling within current legislative requirements
• Liaise with NPD and Process Development on new and existing products with regards to product safety and quality consistency
The successful candidate for the role will have a proven track record at QA/Technical Management level within Food Manufacturing. You must have experience dealing with BRC Audits. Applications are welcome from any food sector. You will be able to work to your own devices as well as leading a team.
MON-FRI Office Hours
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.