I am currently recruiting for a QA Manager to join a successful food manufacturer based in London. My client supplies premium, high quality products to a demanding customer base and is now looking for a QA Manager to coach and develop the QA team. They have a large technical structure presenting a lot of opportunity for career progression.
Job Purpose / Description
As QA Manager you will be fully responsible for monitoring and evaluating incoming raw materials and packaging to ensure customer and own standards of food safety and quality are achieved. You will lead a team of QAs, promoting a strong quality culture across yours and other departments.
Your key duties will include:
- Driving Health and Safety in your area of responsibility.
- Ensuring Quality, Hygiene and Productivity standards are maintained.
- First hand auditing of factory cleaning and housekeeping and developing strategies to overcome any repeated non-conformances.
- Working alongside the Technical team to implement, maintain and continuously improve the HACCP based Quality Management System.
- Managing the line Technical Staff which will include selection, training, performance monitoring and disciplining.
- Making product, process and environmental improvements to progress against internal KPIs
- Participating in internal auditing processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Experience in a similar FMCG food industry, including auditing experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Team leadership qualities and personal development skills.
- Initiative, self-motivated, well organized and assertive.
- Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Report writing and procedural writing skills.
- Able to demonstrate a good record of achievement.
To express interest in this opportunity or if you would like to know more then please call Joe @ The Sterling Choice