Bakery Production Manager
Bakery Production Manager NW London, Artisan Bakery
Our client are one of London’s favorite bakeries. Since 2011 they have grown from 4 stores to 23 outlets in the UK now and further plans to expand across London and the South East. Production is based in North West London, with over 50 employees who make up to 20,000 handcrafted items per day this is a fast paced and challenging business. With significant wholesale and internet business operations, this is an exciting and rewarding independent company to be a part of.
The Production Manager will be responsible for ensuring a happy, content, well trained and productive team that deliver consistently high standards within budget. The Production Manager will have the production supervisors and also NPD team reporting directly to them – 30 staff in total. The Production Manager will also be able to assist and liaise with their overseas franchisees who will be replicating the UK model.
- Maintain quality standards across all areas of production
- Oversee budget performance.
- Monitoring holiday scheduling and rest days for all staff.
- Control of Health and Safety across the site.
- Waste Management.
- Monitor and manage plant through-put ensuring performance meets budgetary requirements.
- To provide the direction to all staff to ensure the high standards of the company are met at all times.
- Provide support for general office management including logistics, planning, sales and product development.
The Production Manager will work 5 days over 7 and either 06:00 – 16:00 or 09:00 – 18:00.
The successful applicant must have experience within a similar, high volume, hand crafted production bakery and be able to manage large teams. The Production Manager must demonstrate excellent understanding of baking techniques and have a proven track record of delivering results within a fast paced bakery or commercial kitchen environment. The Production Manager must show previous experience in a BRC or Salsa accredited environment.
The successful applicant will be entitled to a company pension, 28 days annual leave and a bonus package for the right individual.