An opportunity to join one of the leading food and beverage training and advisory businesses in the UK.
To manage and deliver, scientific and technical projects giving high quality and cost effective solutions to clients. The projects may be research, consultancy or training focused primarily in the area of product development (but not limited to) in support of nutrition and health drivers.
- Planning and delivery of research and contract projects (in the area of product innovation with a nutrition focus), supported by other technical colleagues within the team, in consultation with your line manager, or others within the wider business.
- Represent the organisation on external committees and liaise with commercial clients in relation to nutrition to develop new commercial contracts
- Design and delivery of training materials and wide ranging presentations (PowerPoint) for use on external/internal training courses, seminars.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries using existing experience and knowledge or information retrieved from relevant sources and colleagues.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders that lead to new commercial income from clients to a level agreed with the line manager.
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. Food Science, Food Science and Nutrition). A higher degree in a relevant subject may be an advantage.
- A technical knowledge of nutrition. Several years (6 to 10) experience in relation to product development.
- Demonstrable and credible expertise and experience in the field of applied nutrition.
- A demonstrable understanding of food science and technology with the ability to train and develop others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support business development and training offerings.
- Demonstrable and effective project management and self management skills supporting effective delivery and implementation of good business practices.
- Skills/Training in the supervisory management of small teams including staff appraisal, motivation and development.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Generally IT literate
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lesa Lynch or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.