Blenders is a Dublin-based food manufacturer serving both the Foodservice and Retail markets in Ireland, the UK and the Middle East with mayonnaise, sauces and bouillons. We are embarking on an exciting growth phase of the business as we are moving to substantial new production facilities and are looking for a Technical Manager to join the senior management team. The role is responsible for both the Product Development and Quality Control Departments with 10 reports.
Responsible for managing overseeing the technical departments (Quality Control and Product Development) in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met and to promote innovation, to work closely with other members of the senior management team to continue the development of the company and encourage the control of costs.
- Quality - To set standards and to ensure that these standards are adhered to. To ensure that all product leaving the factory is of the highest quality and that standards are seen as starting platform for doing better. This work will include microbiological, chemical and physical testing.
- Hygiene - To ensure that the plant and factory is maintained at the highest level of hygiene compatible with the economics of the business. This work will include hygiene training.
- Innovation/Product Development – To ensure that the company continues to develop business through commercial understanding, new product development and research. To ensure that formulations and process specifications for new and existing products are such that the quality of the product is correct (including hygiene, shelf life test, travel test, appearance and labelling). To carry out plant trials.
- To liaise with new and existing suppliers to ensure that they meet our requirements including providing good value.
- To provide technical support to the sales team and to liaise with customers’ Technical departments.
- To oversee the handling of customer complaints.
- To maintain the Blenders HACCP system and accreditations including BRC.
- To assist the production manager on items relating to safety, plant layout, working methods, introduction of new product lines, etc.
- To become the lead process expert and to be the driver of process improvements and assist with equipment selection.
- To source and recruit staff, to initiate training and maximise the skill base and to ensure staff are aware of their performance and responsibilities. To promote good relations with staff.
- To undertake specific projects and such other work as may be required from time to time.
- A personal pride and confidence to carry out the job particularly the ability to make decisions.
- Passion for food and excitement for bringing viable ideas to life. The initiative to develop innovative products and solutions to problems with the determination to complete projects and implement change to an agreed schedule.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with others and lead by persuasiveness and good communication.
- Sufficient technical and written skills to perform the job.
- Attention to detail and ability to solve problems. Conscientiousness about deadlines with a commitment to accuracy, integrity and quality.
- Organisational ability and adaptability to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks.
Third level graduate.
Minimum 7 years’ experience in a relevant role in the food industry or equivalent as well as at least 4 years’ management experience.