Interim Packaging Buyer / Packaging Technologist
Eden Scott’s client is a highly successful food manufacturer with a strong brand and reputation for producing the highest quality products for their consumers. The business is going through a period of change and is currently undertaking a re-branding exercise across all products. As a result we are looking for an experienced Packaging Buyer / Packaging Technologist to support the procurement team on an initial 3 month contract.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement you will provide expertise, support and leadership on a project basis to ensure that all packaging materials are sourced to the agreed specification, to the required performance and quality standards at the lowest total acquisition cost.
- To establish commodity knowledge, enabling the minimisation of market exposure and exploitation of market opportunity.
- To ensure security of supply through appropriate supplier selection and contracting.
- To continually drive down costs, building their leveraging position, negotiating added value in all areas of managed spend.
- To effectively manage the supply base and ensure appropriate purchasing involvement and influence in all areas of managed spend.
- To ensure packaging materials are sourced to the technical, quality and performance requirements.
- To effectively manage the administration of the procurement process.
- Previous Packaging Buying experience preferably within the FMCG sector.
- Previous project management experience and packaging re-branding.
- Excellent technical knowledge around packaging.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
Candidates must be able to start immediately or within the next week or two.
Excellent Day rate + full expenses on offer for the right candidate.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.