Operations Manager (Meat)
My client are a leading food business who combine the skill and passion of traditional butchery with innovative and precise manufacturing methods, providing exceptional quality products to customers of all sizes. Burgers, sausages, meatballs, meatloaf and grills are all custom blended and formed to the specific requirements of our customers in-house. Our purpose built facility therefore handles a variety of different processes in addition to the large volume of catering butchery we carry out on a day to day basis.
An opportunity is available for an individual to join the business as the Operations Manager to play a pivotal role in the continued growth and expansion of the company. This exciting role will give you a high level of responsibility from day one and will get you involved with all aspects of the factory. If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with us then this could be the one for you!
- In the initial phase you will be working alongside the Directors and QA Manager to bring about significant change within the factory, reviewing each process and implementing changes in line with lean manufacturing theory. The company have substantial growth plans and the Manager appointed will play a key role in implementing practices and procedures that will underpin growth.
- After this initial phase you will be responsible for the daily coordination and execution of all food manufacturing operations; overseeing production, planning, quality control and maintenance. On a daily basis you will work closely with our Directors, QA team, factory supervisors, staff and suppliers.
- This position requires a management style with an emphasis on leadership, process optimisation, giving direction to the team and inspiring people to perform.
- Responsible for health and safety on site.
What you will need:
- A strong background working within the food industry with experience in Operations or Production management.
- Good understanding of health and safety at work.
- Knowledge of HACCP. Understanding or experience of BRC would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of Lean Manufacturing set up and techniques would benefit your application.
- Proven experience of delivering continual improvement.
- Problem-solving skills.
What's on offer?
- Salary: £45k
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 5:30am/3pm
- Sat 7hours