Role: Financial Controller
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Prospects
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UKs biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients:
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
These ingredients have seen us become a 23,000-strong team in just 20 years!
We are built on people like you: an exceptional Financial Controller who has what it takes to make an impact at our Added Value UK Poultry site in Derby.
We manufactures cooked, breaded and raw added value products for both major retailers and food service customers.
The division employs 1,700 people across four centres of excellence.
About the Role:
As a Financial Controller you will be a key member of the site Senior Management team, providing financial support to assist the site in achieving its key objectives; key elements will include providing financial analysis and insight into the operational activities of the business whilst ensuring a robust control environment and balance sheet integrity. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring financial controls are monitored and in place throughout the site
- Reporting daily P&L & KPIs to site and Head of Finance & Head of Operations
- Reporting the weekly P&L and KPIs to site and Centre, includes commentary to explain operational variances against budget/forecast & prior week
- Owning the site month end process and balance sheet, ensuring balance sheet is clean
- Supporting the site General Manager, being able to step up if required
And lots more! This really is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark and help us achieve our goals.
If you're fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that's created our brand. Bring those qualities along with the below and you will have the
Recipe for success:
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA with relevant PQE, preferably gained in a food manufacturing environment
- Financial experience gained as a Site Finance Manager/Site Financial Controller
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data into analysis / information which enable users to understand business performance and make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication skills which will enable you to influence site Operational Teams, Site management behaviour and AV Team
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Disciplined and organised with the ability to work under pressure
- Experience of system improvements â€" able to develop new ways of working to streamline operations and remove non-value add activities
- Excellent Excel skills
Salary: £Competitive Salary
To apply: Please press the "Apply Button"
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Cheif Accountant, Management Accountant, Multi Skilled Engineer, FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Derby, Nottingham, Newark, Leicester, Sheffield.