Senior Development Chef
Senior Development Chef
This role is based in the Northwest – working within a vibrant, fast paced and supportive environment – Salary up to £45k negotiable plus great bonus and benefits! Relocation package available.
Are you Creative? Innovative? Driven? Engaging? This could be the role for you…..A Senior Development Chef has the opportunity to work with our client who have a distinctive market presence, leading the way as a major manufacturer of world food meals. A family run business, boasting a multimillion pound turnover, this is a massively exciting time to join the organisation as they continue to storm the market and grow from strength to strength.
This is an amazing chance for a creative, experienced Development Chef to use their culinary expertise to produce innovative ‘’world food’’ recipes. Your products will sit proudly on the shopping isles of leading UK retailers and food chains nationally!
A senior post, retail or foodservice development experience is essential. You will be customer focussed, able to present your creations and have excellent relationship building skills. Your skills will be inspiring, your creative flair taking clients on a journey around the world….
Working closely with retail/foodservice customers as well as internal teams, you will embrace new projects and seize market opportunities to create new recipes that are exciting, and authentic!
- Establish a position as the “culinary expert” within the business and with external customers
- Champion the delivery of quality NPD using strong leadership and influencing skills
- Work closely with marketing to introduce trend, based deliverable propositions to engage the foodservice/retail market
- Present clearly and persuasively in customer presentations / food shows establishing both personal and business culinary credentials
- Champion customer relationships, setting the standard of what good looks like - engaging customers and driving the company’s reputation
- Work closely with the Foodservice controller to maintain a structured calendar of customer engagement
- Maintain in depth knowledge of the foodservice/retail market, customer profiles, brands, quality aspirations and strategic plans
- Maintain a personal understanding of the market forces, understanding competitor capabilities to help deliver a pipeline of strategic innovation
- Developing direct reports to utilise and optimise talents while ensuring support and training is given where necessary
- Work closely with the NPD technologist team to ensure innovation is developed in a structured and deliverable way
- Proven experience as an innovative Development Chef
- Creative/Innovative – the ability to turn trends into propositions
- Experience/understanding of “world cuisine”
- Ideally a foodservice/retail
- manufacturing background
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong presentation skills