My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer. A combination of tradition and innovation has helped to secure this company's place as a market leader in the area they specialise. An exciting opportunity arises to join the team...
To ensure the effective management of the technical department and function. To provide site management, and to ensure compliance with customer and industry specific legislation, covering all food safety and quality issues. You will be ready to promote a culture of continuous improvement. Some key responsibilities will include the following:
• To ensure that all technical projects are initiated, driven and fully implemented, e.g. HACCP, Quality Management, Improvement Plans
• To drive the Technical teams objectives
• To ensure raw material suppliers are conforming to site requirements, working closely with the Quality Manager
• To ensure the internal Quality Management System is audited to scheduled requirements ensuring the site procedures and documentation are up to date
• Advise on any changes to legislation and emerging threats to the business
• To effectively monitor the hygiene site standards to ensure that the factory is cleaned to the required standards
• To ensure effective management of the Quality Assurance team strengthening the company’s position with the customer on product quality and safety
• To deal with day-to-day customer issues regarding legal compliance, project work or quality issues
• To ensure that product specifications and label approvals are in place and up to date
• To ensure all products are launched in line with customer requirements
The right candidate for the role will have a strong proven track record at Technical Management level within Food Manufacturing coupled with good experience working with the Major Retailers. You will ideally be Degree educated in a Food related discipline. Applications are welcome from any Food sector.
Matched Contributory Pension
33 Days holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.